10 Facepalm Moments in Life with Type 1 Diabetes
We take a look back at some ridiculous misunderstandings and some frustrating goofs that come with Type 1 diabetes.
Life with Type 1 diabetes comes with many opportunities for mistakes and misunderstandings. From our article library, we’ve collected 10 facepalm moments when people made some cringe-worthy mistakes in understanding or managing Type 1 diabetes.
1. When a TV report says too little insulin will cause someone’s blood sugar to go low.
2. When you get signed up for the wrong age group in diabetes summer camp.
Read more: Too Old for Diabetes Summer Camp.
3. When a sportscaster declares that Jay Cutler has Type 2 diabetes:
Read more: Wait, Jay Cutler has Type 2 Diabetes Now?
4. When a relative shares a link to a fake diabetes cure.
5. When you leave your insulin at a hotel during a roadtrip.
Read more: We Left Our Son’s Insulin at the Last Hotel.
6. When a restaurant owner puts up a sign saying people with diabetes must dose in the bathroom.
7. When you forget to adjust your insulin dosage to account for the adrenaline of committing a crime.
Read more: How the Robber with Type 1 Got Caught.
8. When a TV show introduces a character with Type 1 just to kill him or her off.
9. When you forget your diabetes supplies and you and your friends must go hunting around for more.
Read more: Sharing is Caring for the T1D Community.
10. When your doctor says you can reverse Type 1 diabetes through diet.
Read more: When Your Doctor is Diabetes Dumb.
Thanks for reading this Insulin Nation article. Want more Type 1 news? Subscribe here.
Have Type 2 diabetes or know someone who does? Try Type 2 Nation, our sister publication.