The 20 Best U.S. Diabetes Hospitals
U.S. News and World Report releases its 2014 rankings. We’ve included a map and link of each award-winning hospital that made the cut.
Every year, the U.S News and World Report ranks U.S. hospitals for best practices. Editors rank the hospitals based on surveys from the American Hospital Association and other medical organizations, patient feedback, and medical outcomes.
Earlier, the publication released its 2014 rankings for the best children’s hospitals for treating Type 1 diabetes. Now, it has released its rankings of the best overall diabetes and endocrinology programs. Above is a map of the Top 20, links to each hospital’s diabetes program below:
1) Mayo Clinic – Rochester, MN
2) Cleveland Clinic – Cleveland, OH
3) Massachusetts General Hospital – Boston, MA
4) Johns Hopkins Hospital – Baltimore, MD
5) UCSF Medical Center – San Francisco, CA
6) New York-Presbyterian University Hospital of Columbia and Cornell – New York, NY
7) Yale-New Haven Hospital – New Haven, CT
8) Northwestern Memorial Hospital – Chicago, IL
9) UCLA Medical Center – Los Angeles, CA
10) University of Washington Medical Center – Seattle, WA
11) Hospitals of the University of Pennsylvania-Penn Presbyterian – Philadelphia, PA
12) Brigham and Women’s Hospital – Boston, MA
13) Florida Hospital Orlando – Orlando, FL
14) Cedars-Sinai Medical Center – Los Angeles, CA
15) Barnes-Jewish Hospital/Washington University – St. Louis, MO
16) Beaumont Hospital – Grosse Pointe, MI
17) Mount Sinai Hospital – New York, NY
18) Froedtert Hospital and the Medical College of Wisconsin – Milwaukee, WI
19) Lancaster General Hospital – Lancaster, PA
20) University of Kansas Hospital – Kansas City, KS
In the past, U.S. News and World Report has been criticized by some in diabetes circles for its methodology, relying on surveys and not enough on patient outcomes. What do you think? Did they get it right?
To see the complete list, go to http://health.usnews.com/best-hospitals/rankings/diabetes-and-endocrinology
To see U.S. News and World Report’s rankings of the Top 10 children’s hospitals for diabetes care, please read http://insulinnation.com/treatment2/top_10_hospitals
Thanks for reading this Insulin Nation article. Want more Type 1 news? Subscribe here.
Have Type 2 diabetes or know someone who does? Try Type 2 Nation, our sister publication.