10 Ways to Spot Someone with Type 1
…without seeing them bolus or test.
Sure, it’s easy to spot someone with Type 1 diabetes if you catch them bolusing before a meal. That kind of Type 1 identification is for amateurs! At Insulin Nation, we have developed a
unrealistic and impractical unique guide of lesser-known ways to identify people with Type 1 in crowd.
You might have found someone with Type 1 if….
1) You shake hands and can feel fingerprint calluses.
2) They describe a good night’s sleep as more than three hours, uninterrupted.
3) You ask them their favorite number and they quickly say, “100.”
4) They post detailed reviews of juice box brands.
5) They critique a nurse’s injection technique during a blood draw.
6) They don’t know that fridges have trays for butter.
7) They unconsciously sneer at sugar-free products in the supermarket.
8) They are fascinated by pockets in new pouches or purses.
9) They like to collect old laundry detergent bottles.
10) They defend Jay Cutler’s football career.
Do you have other ways to pick out someone with Type 1 in a crowd? Send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks for reading this Insulin Nation article. Want more Type 1 news? Subscribe here.
Have Type 2 diabetes or know someone who does? Try Type 2 Nation, our sister publication.