Andy Holder was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes at the age of 36. Despite never having competed a triathlon before and not knowing how to swim, he took on the grueling 2.4 swim - 112 mile bike - 26.2 mile run that is the Ironman Triathlon. He is now a 8-time Ironman finisher, inspirational speaker, diabetes spokesperson, and founder of the Iron Andy Foundation. Andy is responsible for audience development and building collaborations with organizations who empower people to live beyond diabetes.
Published by: Andy Holder
- Low On Insulin for the Weekend, 20 Feb 2014 in Pumps & Research
- Forward Motion: Shortsighted Test-Strip Rationing, 19 Dec 2013 in Columns & Living
- Forward Motion: Happy to Be Feeling the Low?, 19 Nov 2013 in Columns & Living
- Forward Motion: The Letter, 29 Oct 2013 in Columns & Living
- When Inspiration Needs Support, 03 Oct 2013 in Columns
- Insurance and My Utility Belt, 19 Sep 2013 in Columns